Monday 30 September 2013

Hyperbaric oxygen therapy: Donate for Jaden now



Meet Jaden Hayes. A funny, vibrant and my loving kid! I can never forget the dark day of February 20, 2010. My son had a near drown and was without a heartbeat for an hour on that day. In fact, the ICU Doctors told me to prepare to donate his organs and if by some small chance he did survive he would be in a vegetative state! I did not know whom to fall upon and all I did is simply praying to the almighty so that my son remains alive. Yes, he woke up however he woke up with some serious health issues. Dear readers he is unable to speak walk or eat food by mouth.  It is a disease that requires my little Jaden to go through hyperbaric oxygen therapy and stem cell treatment in order to survive. He was in the hospital for over a month, and as soon he as was released, we immediately started physical therapy. I am here today not only to tell you a mom’s struggle but also to let you know that my son needs your help to survive. Please join us in any way you can to raise help for Jaden.

In the days and weeks since, my friends and also many kind strangers have come together to begin the fight to save my son’s life. Possibly we all know this; stem cells are the basic building blocks of our bodies and stem cells are also in us form the birth. In the stem cell treatment process, these kind of cells are injected into the area or organ where healing is required. As soon as the cells are injected, they start adapting with the surrounding and the cells start doing their work. Afterwards, these cells differentiate them into the required cell types and integrate with those cells or organ. This is how it works for Jaden as well. As formation of the new cells starts taking place my child starts feeling healthy again. It is also pertinent to mention here, each time the scan is performed my son had to be put sleep. Honestly, this was yet another nightmare I had to endure as every time Jaden was put to sleep I wonder will he wake up again!  

However, I knew this was the only way to know if the treatment was actually working. A specific type of scan however shows the areas of the brain that are actually functioning. Perhaps you know this; this is such a costly affair and although we are continuing however the treatment demands constant flow cash. Yes, fund needed for Jaden to help us cover his treatment.

Sadly, in the US the insurance won’t cover it as the treatment is yet considered as experimental for Jaden's condition. Dear readers, my son was able to get a second stem cell treatment this past September 2012 and the doctors are all helpful that if Jaden is able to continue on with this treatment he would be able to recover. We need your help to process his treatment Please donate for Jaden for a noble cause.

No comments:

Post a Comment